Disable Rt Click

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Today's Gift


Today was a day of reflection. Noticing these mushrooms in our front yard growing at the base of our weeping willow gave me pause.  They are beautiful, but lethal,  being of the Amanitas species, one cap could kill a man of my size in less than 24 hours.  How could such a harmless looking fungus be so deadly?  Up close, it is beautiful. Note the off white color, the detail of the cap and stem.  This was shot using a Nikon D200 with a Minolta 50mm macro lens on a Tamron Adaptall mount, allowing the Minolta lens to work with the Nikon.  Exposure was done manually and the shot was handheld by me lying on the ground.  I estimate the f stop to be between 5.6 and 8.0.  Lightly edited in iPhoto and PS CS.  Ah, some of you will ask about the red leaf.  It was there in the front, I simply moved it to the back.

Enjoy, Jeff

 


No comments:

Post a Comment