Disable Rt Click

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Oil in Abstraction Continued


Autofoc Assist lamp reflection

 



Oil 3

 


I am becoming obsessed about nailing  down this technique!  I played a round with my setup as shown to the left.. Patterns on the floor, good window light today, pyrex glass dish with water and oil, camera and hoodman. tripod and macro rail.  Initially I saw this annoying orange light in the   left  side and finally realized that it was the AF assist beam reflecting off the surface.  Could not disable it in the menu so I solved that with duct tape over the beam!.  Still have to fiddle with technique to find the right amount of water to keep the details on the glass dish bottom (lines, bubbles and so forth) from coming through.  The old Tamron 90mm 2.5 Macro at 2.5 helps a lot.  Enjoy, Jeff
 
 
setup

 


No comments:

Post a Comment