Disable Rt Click

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Jay Street Reflections

Had to try out my new Panasonic Lumix LX5 tonight. These compact pro- level cameras get better and better. I wanted a professional compact to carry on my belt. This camera has had great reviews. I was wandering around Jay St. in Schenectady tonight after the rain looking for reflections of the neon signs. This was perfect, a red reflection, from a red sign in a puddle on dark stone pavings. Note the elements of design, the color and contrast. I did a little adjusting of levels and cropping in iPhoto. The image was taken at ISO 400, aperture priority, no flash and at 1/13 sec, hand-held. Ah, the joys of an image stabilized camera. Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting composition. The lighting gradients on the pavement--lighter on the left to very dark on the far right--keep the composition from being too formal. The vivid red of the sign and reflection is very dramatic. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete