Disable Rt Click

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Artist

Right there sitting on the bench was this charming artist, poet and playwright of Norwalk, Ct. My eye is always looking for a photograph, especially people and this kind gentleman was right there! With permission, I fired off a few shots with my Casio Z750, using a burst of fill flash. One good thing about most pocket cameras is their flash for fill. These little flashes create just the right addition of light to the ambient light, causing colors to pop and filling in the shadows. I had a little work to do in Photoshop to get rid of the flash reflection on his glasses. I then used "Portrait Drama" in Topaz adjust to enhance the image as I saw him. Lesson: always have a camera with you. Today's pocket cams just get better and better and allow you to always be ready to grab a great shot. Sometimes you just don't want to lug around a big DSLR. Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment