Disable Rt Click

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Jackie at the Window

Taken with a Casio 750Z pocket camera in NYC about 4-5 years ago. We were visiting friends and their lovely daughter was running around the apartment with her teddy bear. I saw the massive window, I saw this little girl and I knew what the picture had to be. Notice the strategic placement of her in the lower right third, allowing the expanse of the city to be seen as guided by her hand placed on the glass. Metering was tricky. I spot metered off the dress to retain some detail in the little girl. If I hadn't, this would have been a silhouette due to the expanse of bright outdoor light. I had to do some perspective control, contrast and levels adjustment to make it come out just as I visioned it. That's the lesson..use your vision, keep your eyes open and photographs will appear! Jeff

2 comments: