Disable Rt Click

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Gorilla in Black and White

I took this shot two years ago at the wonderful Bronx Zoo. The Gorilla Habitat is one of the best in the world and allows you a true window in our genetic cousins ( only about 5% DNA difference!). Shooting with a Canon SX10 with its wonderful super-zoom 28-560 lens I captured this shot in color. What a pose this huge male silverback gave me. The color image is nice, but I felt that the color subtracted from the power of the image. Using a great little PS plug-in, "Convert to B&W pro" from the Imaging Factory, I adjusted the color channels that effect the monochrome output very selectively to create this. A link to their site and program

http://www.theimagingfactory.com/data/pages/info/cbwp.htm

Enloy, Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment