Disable Rt Click

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Portrait in Black and White

This is Bart, a Harley enthusiast that I shot a few years ago. Like the Latino Fair shot below, club rallies also make a great place for people photography. You have to know when to ask permission to shoot someone and this is one of those places. I thought this fellow was most interesting with his eye patch, pipe and cane. He reminded me of an old warrior that had seen his share of battles. Shot with a KM Maxxum 7D DSLR , I just today converted it to a B&W image using Simply B&W, on my iPhone. I used a blue filter to darken the walls and his jacket, which also lightened skin tones, making the important central area of this environmental portrait stand out. Added a touch of contrast and grain. Looks like it was shot with Tri X. Enjoy, Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment